Whether you recently released a new podcast or plan to in 2023, to effectively grow an audience you need to prepare your podcast to take advantage of marketing opportunities. This involves making your podcast easy to find through every channel you release content on, and planning for the ways you can market your podcast.
5 Ways to Prepare Your Podcast for Growth in 2023
Starting and growing a successful podcast can be a rewarding and fulfilling experience. However, it requires careful planning and preparation to ensure that your podcast reaches and engages your desired audience. So, here are five ways to prepare your podcast for growth:
- Make Your Podcast Available Everywhere
To make your podcast available everywhere, you’ll need to distribute it through a variety of platforms and services. This will make it easier for people to discover and listen to your podcast, regardless of their preferred listening platform.
You can make your podcast available everywhere by choosing a high-quality podcast host. Good podcast hosts help make your podcast available on every podcast streaming service. They also submit your podcast to popular directories such as Apple Podcasts, Spotify, and Google Podcasts. Submitting your podcast to these directories will make it easier for people to discover and listen to your show.
By making your podcast available on a variety of platforms and promoting it through a variety of channels, you can significantly increase the reach and visibility of your show. This can help to grow your podcast and build a loyal audience.
- Set up Social Media Pages for Your Podcast
Setting up social media pages for your podcast can help to increase its visibility and reach. Here are some steps you can take to set up your social media pages for your podcast:
- Choose your platforms: Not all social media platforms are right for every podcast. Consider the type of content you produce and the demographics of your target audience when choosing the platforms you’ll use to promote your podcast. Some popular platforms for podcasts include Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.
- Create a consistent visual identity: Use the same profile picture and cover photo across all of your social media accounts to create a consistent visual identity for your podcast. You should also choose a handle (username) that is easy to remember and relevant to your podcast.
- Write a compelling bio: Your bio should give listeners a sense of what your podcast is about and why they should listen. Use keywords and hashtags to make it easy for people to find your podcast through search.
- Post regularly: Consistently posting updates about your podcast on social media can help to keep your audience engaged and remind them to listen to new episodes. You can also use social media to share bonus content, behind-the-scenes glimpses, and other exclusive material.
Properly setting up your social media pages lets you take advantage of opportunities for social media promotion.
- Create a Strategy for Repurposing the Content of Your Podcast
Repurposing your podcast content helps keep your audience engaged while increasing your overall reach. Here are some steps you can take to create a strategy for repurposing your podcast content:
- Identify your key takeaways: Think about the most important points or themes that you cover in your podcast. These are the ideas that you want your listeners to remember and that you want to emphasize.
- Break down your content into smaller pieces: Once you’ve identified your key takeaways, think about how you can break down your content into smaller, more easily digestible pieces. This could include creating social media posts, blog posts, or even video clips.
- Choose the right format for each piece of content: Different types of content are better suited to different formats. For example, a quote from your podcast might work well as a social media post, while a more in-depth discussion might be better suited to a blog post.
- Promote your repurposed content: Once you’ve created your repurposed content, be sure to promote it to your audience. Share it on your social media accounts, send it out to your email list, and include it in your podcast show notes.
- Start Scheduling Guests for Your Podcast
Reaching out to people to become guests on your podcast can expose your podcast to a new audience. It can also increase the diversity and value of your content.
To effectively bring guests onto your podcast, it’s important to identify your target audience and research potential guests who will be most relevant and interesting to your listeners. This can include people who have expertise or experiences that would be of interest to your audience.
Once you’ve identified potential guests, reach out to them through email, social media, or mutual connections and explain why you think they would be a good fit for your podcast. If you don’t hear back right away, don’t be afraid to follow up.
- Collaborate with Other Podcasters at Your Level
Collaborating with other podcasters at your level can be a great way to expose your podcast to a new audience and build a community around your podcast. Here are some ways you can collaborate with other podcasters at your level:
- Cross-promote each other’s podcasts: Share each other’s podcasts on your social media accounts, include them in your show notes, and mention them in your episodes. This can help to expose your podcast to a new audience and vice versa.
- Guest on each other’s podcasts: Consider appearing as a guest on another podcast, or inviting another podcaster to be a guest on your show. This can help to expose your podcast to a new audience and provide valuable content for your listeners.
- Start a joint podcast: Collaborating with another podcaster to create a joint podcast can be a great way to combine your audiences and provide unique content for both sets of listeners.
- Join a podcasting community or network: Consider joining a podcasting community or network where you can connect with other podcasters and collaborate on projects. This can provide valuable opportunities for growth and exposure.
When collaborating with other podcasters, it’s important to look for podcasters at your level. This gives you the highest chances of success with your collaborations while ensuring both parties benefit.
To maximize your growth potential in 2023, you need to start preparing your podcast for growth today. So, make sure new listeners can easily find your podcast and start planning how you can market your podcast in 2023.